Episode: 14 See Jane Angel Invest with Alicia Syrett
If you’ve ever wondered what advisory board members are, how to tell when you need them, or where to find them, you’re in the right spot.
You should also stick around if you’re looking for tips and tricks on how to get your startup noticed -- straight from an angel investor focused on women entrepreneurs.
Today’s guest is Alicia Syrett, founder of Point 25 Initiative, a mentorship program for women entrepreneurs seeking advisory board members. She is also the founder and CEO of Pantegrion Capital, an angel investment vehicle focused on seed and early stage investments.
Alicia and I have worked together on CNBC’s Power Pitch, and have bonded over our mutual passion for for helping women entrepreneurs. She's also been on MSNBC's Your Business, is a contributor for Inc. magazine, and an instructor for Steve Blank's Lean LaunchPad course at Columbia University.
- Learn what to do if you’re not sure if you’ll need investor dollars or not.
- Find out how to look at advising as a career path.
- Hear Alicia’s story and how she returned to the “dynamic” energy of a startup.
- Listen as Alicia identifies the trap a lot of startups fall into when looking for investors.
- Find out what the vast majority of companies spend too much time on (and what they should be focusing on).
Links Mentioned In This Episode:
*this post may contain affiliate links...for more info, please see my full disclosure*