Episode: 13 See Jane Give a TEDx Talk with Tricia Brouk
For anyone pursuing a professional speaking career, and for entrepreneurs trying to get their big idea seen by the world, TEDx talks are the gold standard.
But how do you do it? How do you actually get into TEDx, and what's the whole experience like?
Today’s guest, Tricia Brouk, is the executive producer of TEDx Lincoln Square. She workswith speakers to get their talks curated, formed just right, and ready for the big event. In addition to her high caliber position with TEDx, Tricia is an award-winning director, writer, and choreographer for theater, film, and television.
Tricia choreographed for Black Box on ABC, The Affair on Showtime, Rescue Me on Fox, and John Turturro's Romance & Cigarettes where she was awarded a Golden Thumb Award from Roger Ebert. She also hosts The Big Talk, a podcast on iTunes where she interviews people who talk for a living.
- Hear how Tricia used her tremendous entertainment career to dive into public speaking.
- Learn the origins of TEDx and what it takes to actually get selected.
- Tricia shares what she looks for in an “idea worth sharing”.
- Understand how to skip the application process by starting the conversation with the right people -- before the event.
- Learn why taking the TEDx stage is important.