Episode: 5 See Jane Represent: with Shayne Veramallay
Inspire, Educate, and Activate
These are the 3 core pillars of REPRESENT:, the foundation that Shayne Veramally is spearheading with Kweku Mandela: grandson of Nelson Mandela. Instead of immortalizing Mandela with a statue or school named after him, Shayne and REPRESENT: aim to live out Mandela’s legacy by empowering the next generation with the goal of creating a more just and equitable future.
Understanding that change starts with an army of youth, Veramally is reaching teenagers by making pressing humanitarian issues relevant through impactful projects (like 100 dance parties to kick off Mandela’s 100 year anniversary) and media campaigns that are geared towards a digital and experienced, driven generation.
- How one an intern changed Shayne’s career trajectory from venture capitalist to CEO of a foundation carrying out Nelson Mandela’s legacy.
- Why Nelson Mandela hoped his name wouldn’t just end up on an airport
- Learn why REPRESENT: is focusing on young innovators in their teens and early twenties.
- Find out how Represent: is blending a nonprofit foundation model blended with venture capital practices
- How REPRESENT: is kicking off Nelson Mandela’s 100th anniversary with 100 dance parties